Sunday, October 30, 2011

10/23/2011






Family!

Hey, hey, hey! It`s a beautiful day! How are all of you guys? Thanks for all of the emails you guys. Oh and special thanks to a mother who thinks her son is incapable of keeping all of his shirts! Its totally not my fault, how was I supposed to know that my pen would explode in the washing machine and make all of my white shirts have dark mysterious spots on them? Well, I`ll be anticipating the arrival of my shirts thank you very much. Oh, and if at all possible, will you send like...two garment bottoms? That would be much appreciated.

Well, you`ll probably have to remind me all of the steps I need to take to send all that stuff back to Obachan, cause I`ll forget for sure. ごめん

Uh, so let me see...this past week went by unbelievably fast. Probably because we barely had time to go out and dendo because we had all of these meetings and interviews we had to attend. But all in all, it was a wonderful week. We had a little adventure this past Wednesday because I needed to go to Okayama to translate for Elder Ringwood conference. He`s a new Area Seventy of Asia North and he was doing a mission tour for us. Man, it was so insane. So first, Elder Burns told me that I would be translating for that conference earlier last week ...and then he later told me I wasn`t because PBO had supposedly set up a professional translator to come and do the job for us. So...I forgot all about it and went out to work. Then about a day before the conference, Elder Burns came up to me and told me that I was in fact translating because there was a mistake with the PBO and it turned out that the translator wasn`t coming. SO...I hopped into a car with Elder Burns, took a 2 hour car ride to Okayama and translated for 5 hours straight again. It was terrible, why you ask? Because we accidentally forgot to bring the translating microphone and headphones! 最悪だった!Just imagine this...I`m sitting in the chapel with 9 Japanese people surrounding me and I`m trying to yell under my voice because I couldn`t hear what he was talking about over my own voice. Yeah...that lasted for about 5 hours. Hopefully the poor Japanese missionaries actually got something out of the conference! But, the conference was amazing! Elder Ringwood taught exactly what the mission needed to hear at this time.

Sorry if the last paragraph made very little sense. I`m kind of distracted right now...some guy just called us and told us that he wants to come to church and bring two of his friends, then right after that another guy called us and told us that he wants to come to Eikaiwa. (English Conversation) Well, the is proof that the Lord blesses you after struggling to translate for 5 hours! bahaha

Yeah, this week was very...

Well, just got another call from the same guy. I guess now we`re going over to his house later today to teach his wife and his best friend! Crazy that all of this is happening right now, this never happens in Japan! Well, like President Zinke said, "if you build it, they will come." If we keep working hard the Lord will trust us enough that we won`t even have to go out and "find" the elect because they`ll start coming to us! YES!

Anyways, gotta go and look up where this guy lives so gotta cut this one short. ごめんね!This week was just full of miracles! Hopefully, we can continue seeing miracles everyday! Thanks for everything you guys! Love ya!

Mucho Amor,
Elder Saito

No comments:

Post a Comment