Sunday, March 4, 2012

3/4/2012




Hellos,
Why hello family! Its a beautiful day here in Toyooka! Its actually raining right now but that's good news. The snow, it shall melt. Honestly, half of me really misses all of the snow and the other half of me can`t wait to put on my short sleeves and sweat my brains out.
Sounds like all of you guys are genki over yonder. I see Selena and Richard are getting accustomed to the hood of Salt Lake, I believe it shall be good fun to crash in their apartment! Speaking of apartments, Dad! Why do you speak of such evils! Do I really have to think about rooming already?! Oh goodness, I guess this is just the curse of being a 14 transfer missionary...In all honesty, I don`t really care where I live so long as its somewhat near campus. I just called Elder Burns and he`s on board with being my roomie! But unfortunately, he`s just as tekito as I am. So I guess just go for south of campus, four people, shared...I doesn`t really matter to us! ONEGAISHIMASU!
Yes, and for going around Japan after the mission. I guess you need to ask President Zinke for permission first then talk to PBO? I`m not too sure but the office should be sending you information about that soon. So, good luck! Here`s President`s email: rgzinke@ldschurch.org Well anyways, I`m done with this talk.
Well, my beautiful bike, GT Aggressor 4.0 has finally broken down. Actually, this is the second time that its broken down but I don`t think we`ll be able to fix it anytime soon because there are`t any Asashis (Japanese chain bike store) over here in Toyooka. I was riding towards a less active`s house earlier this week and my bike decided to die on me as I was changing gears. The chain somehow made its way under the gears and the tire is now bent and rubbing on the frame. I took it to a local shop and they said that there`s no way they can fix it and even if they could they would have to special order parts that could take weeks. So I pretty much just gave up and resorted to borrowing a member`s bike until I can steal one from a missionary who`ll be going home.
Yup, things like that happen every once in a while. Oh well! I`m way grateful for how generous the members are here. If you don`t have a bike in Toyooka you can`t get anything done! This week was a great one over here. I swear, every week in Toyooka is just a great learning experience for me. Most of the week we were out of Toyooka, training our beloved missionaries in our zone, but we feel like we were able to get a lot of things done. We also had ZLC were President just blasted us with doctrine. It was way awesome, it reminded me a lot of McIntyre`s trainings where you just walk out the room fired up and ready to wield a Book of Mormon. There was a particular part of the training that I really felt like I needed. The concept of humility and how its connected to other Christ-like attributes. I think the reason I was sent to Toyooka was simply to be humbled. Its interesting realizing how much I`ve spent my mission thinking just about myself when I should of been thinking of other`s salvation. Read Moses 4:1-2 and see the difference between Satan and Jesus Christ!
Anyways, I gotta go now. Need to walk and pick up my bike thats on the other side of town. Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment