Monday, March 19, 2012

3/18/2012







Hey family,
Its good to hear that you guys are doing great. I`m way jealous that you`re in Mexico Dad! But then again I am in Japan which is much cooler on my scale.
Yup here it comes. Its gonna be spring time soon! やったぜ!There were two, not one, but two whole days where I was able to blue skies and sunshine. I can`t wait to burst out of this suit and hit the streets in my short sleeve T. The seasons be changing I tell ya. Speaking of change, we just barely had transfers this past week. The mission just lost a bunch of great missionaries this past transfer but it was something inevitable. It just blows my mind to see how young the mission is now. I`m now officially the grandpa of the zone so I now have the responsibility to encourage, inspire, uplift and train everyone in my zone. Quite the responsibility eh? I`m way stoked though, there are a bunch of young missionaries on the verge of bursting with potential and I get to help them realize that. Ah, the beauties of being a leader. Its not the title that brings joy, but its being able to see those who you`ve worked with surpassing you and bringing a bunch of people unto Christ. Gotta hit the ground running this transfer though, I can`t start getting lazy because I`ve only got four months left on my mission.
Well, Toyooka is interesting. Its got its own pace that I feel like I`ve started to grow accustom to. But just because its got a slower pace then the city doesn`t mean you can lay back and become complacent though. Out here, you got to work diligently and rely fully on the Lord to get things done. Being passive here or doing things on your own will hinder the work. But I know if you work hard enough, the Lord will provide for you. He for sure has for us, I mean you know you`re being blessed when your strongest investigator is a thirteen year old wayward school girl who comes to church on her own. I`m way excited for this transfer though, I know we are gonna see miracles! I just know it. Especially cause I`m with a great young missionary who wants to go out and get it done. There`s something magical about young missionaries who don`t have too much experience because they really know how to trust in the Lord. When you become an old missionary like me, you get comfortable in your own ways and you start forgetting the basics. So its way great opportunity that I`m able to work with a youngin` cause its becoming great review for me. Hopefully, I can spend my last few transfers as a trainer so I don`t forget all the basics of the work.
Oh yes, as for the package. I don`t really need much. I would appreciate some cheap protein if you can get your hands on that and some of those juice mixes if you can. Oh, and PICTURES PLEASE! You know that missionaires are fueled by letters and pictures from ones they love.
Well, I gotta go to Fukuchiyama in a few more hours so I gotta go. Please continue praying for the welfare of the missionaries and there investigators! Your prays are the things that makes miracles over here!
Aight love you bunch!
Elder Saito

No comments:

Post a Comment