Sunday, September 25, 2011

Transfer time!





 
Hey Family,
Well, I`m not too sure on where to even start on this email...the last few days have been incredibly busy and insane. Oh, and I did indeed receive my transfer call. BUT, before I go off blurting about my life, how are all of you guys doing?
Can you guys believe that its almost October already? And you all know what October means...that's right, General Conference!!! YEAH! You`d probably have to be a missionary to understand the fullness of how amazing the big GC is. (Actually no, I lie. Everybody knows that conference is incredible) Es good, es good. I actually just figured out yesterday that conference is coming up in the next few weeks. Twas joyous news to mine ears. But, I was way surprised when I realized that its already coming up. Who would`ve thought that half a year had already passed since I last watched General Conference with Spohr in my beloved Takamatsu. Oh time, how dare you do this to me.
Anyways, other than that this past week has been awesome. Guess what Dad? We found a half Peruvian and Japanese investigator housing this last week and I was able to teach him the Restoration in my sadly broken Spanish! Bahaha hoorah for 5 years of Spanish I had to pull out of my brain on the spot! I probably didn`t make that much sense but whatever, he seemed to be listening pretty well and we felt the Spirit...so that's all that matters! I need to brush up on my good ole Spanish though. My brain is functioning in Japanese-mode most of the time so it was really hard for me to switch from Japanese to English then English to Spanish. But whatever, I fulfilled my purpose as a missionary by teaching this brother about the Evangelio de Jesucristo! Oh man, Spanish...
Well anywho, I`ll tell you about my transfer calls. I`m going to be....staying in Takamatsu for another 6 months!!! Ah, I joke. Well, this past transfer call seriously blew my mind away. The call came early in the morning from my beloved Elder Burns. We talked a little bit about Takamatsu and how amazing of an area it is...and then he was quick to inform me that this next transfer I`ll be sleeping in the bunk bed right above him, in KOBE!!! I`M GOING TO KOBE!!! BAHAHA. Can you believe it? I`m going to be serving as the zone leader for Kobe area and I get to stay in the mission home with my beloved Elder Burns! I know right, crazy! Well, my next companion is going to be Elder Meyer. Which is awesome because he`s actually the bean of my second companion, Elder Rahn, so we already have the "connection." So, the story goes like this. The old Kobe zone leader area used to be in Amagasaki, but President Zinke felt that the Kobe area really needed solid missionaries to boost up the area...and for some crazy reason happened to be Elder Meyer and myself. I`m so excited! I feel honored that the Lord trusts Elder Meyer and I enough to work in that area of the vineyard! I can`t wait to tear Kobe up!
Ah, but there are so many things just running through my head right now. I feel like I`m going to explode! Its such a mixed feeling...I`m so excited to head over to Kobe but at the same time I think I`m going to become depressed thinking about how I`m leaving Takamatsu. You guys don`t understand, this area has literally become my home over the past few months! I don`t even remember how outside the Rock feels like anymore. I mean, I love the area, I love the people, I love everything about it and now I`m leaving it. It was so sad because we had our last lesson with Brother Hamada before the transfer calls and in his prayer he asked "Lord, this may be a personal issue, but would you please let Elder Saito stay for a little bit longer?" Ah! Do you see how I`m so torn leaving this area?! Man, I almost teared up after that prayer because I felt the Spirit so strongly. I`m going to miss Takamatsu so much. I was so blessed to have the opportunity to work here. I can`t explain in words how much growth I`ve seen in myself and how much I`ve learned about the Savior and His Atonement. I love the members, all my recent converts and my investigators...but life moves on. I did what I needed to accomplish in Takamatsu and now the Lord needs me working in another part of His vineyard. So you know, just as Nephi would say, I will go and I will do. Don`t get me wrong, this is going to be a new chapter in my life and its way exciting! But I will never forget Takamatsu, I will cherish all of the great memories I`ve had serving in this area. And I will continue praying for the people I love in this area. Now, I`ll leave it up to my son, Elder Lythgoe and the Lord to see more and more miracle in this area! I mean, we still have amazing investigators who I have no doubt will be baptized in the coming weeks so I have no worries.
Anyways, time is running short. I need to start packing all the goods I`ve collected in good old Takamatsu. Hopefully my suitcase doesn`t explode! Oh and for the suit, I`m planning to buy one in Kobe so no worries. I only have one and a half suits right now and suit dendo season is coming up soon so...
Well, I love you guys so much! Thanks for everything you guys do for me! Can`t wait to hear back from you guys!
MUCHO LOVE,
Elder Saito

No comments:

Post a Comment