Tuesday, February 8, 2011

2/8/11

Hey all of you!

First off, I want to say that I love you guys so much!

Second, I`m not too sure why my last weeks email didn`t send but here it is anyways:


Letters from Iwade:

Dearest family,

How are you guys? Its so good to hear from you! I can`t believe a week has already passed since I last emailed you guys. So many things have happened in such a short amount of time, I dont even know what to talk about anymore. But its sounds like America (as in people I know) is turning into a riot! Allen, Cindy, Logan AND Alisha`s all getting married without me there? Shame on them! haha but I`m so happy for them. Everyone`s getting married nowadays aren`t they? I wonder who is next...hmmm.

But, it sounds like the family has some pretty fun activities coming up this year. Selena and Richard are coming to Japan huh? Thats going to be sick! Tell them to say hello to obachanx2 for me okay? What exactly do you guys have planned for Spain though? Is Dad presenting something there or is he going to be studying at the university in Barcelona? I bet the sight seeing there is going to be sick! One day I`ll go to Spain...one day. Ryan`s finally on the mission! I`m so happy!

Thank you SO much for the package! I was surprised how much you could shove into one cardboard box and mail to Japan. That thing was about to burst at its seams! Thanks for the pictures too, I`ll be sure to use them more effectively with my "jikoshokai picture dendo." If you guys want anything from lovely Iwade feel free to ask! I mean, there`s like...one daiso here but its all good. Its so good to hear that Luis and Bona`s doing awesome. I need to get their addresses sometime! I think I may have Luis` but I"m gonna have to do some searching. Its so crazy to think that a bunch of my friends are all across the world spreading the same message to all the people. The Gospel is truely remarkable isn`t it?

Well, this week has been truely filled with miracles! Seriously, the Lord has blessed us so much! We started the week with two investigators but we were able to end the week with nine investigators and two people who are set with baptismal dates. Iwade may be inaka, but as long as we trust in the Lord, He will work through us so we can find the elect. Iwade is literally the land of faith. In all opposition, faith and hope are the determining factors whether or not you will succeed here. Its a lesson that I`ve started to learn for the first time on my mission. Iwade doesnt have the convenience of hundreds of people walking on the street all day or a huge ward with a bunch of members. Its a place where you learn how to deal with whats given to you and just work. I`m not going to lie, there are plenty of days I feel hopeless, but those are the times that all I can do is turn to something divine. ST Luke 1:37. "For with God nothing shall be impossible." Seriously, through out this whole week, this simple scripture was running through my head...its literally all I could think about! Those seven simple words helped me and my companion out so much. I need to learn how to trust more in the Lord and not let my doubts and fears overcome me. If I work hard enough, I know that the Lord will work miracles! With the Lord`s help, we can help rebuild the foundation of Iwade. It may take a longer time, but thats when patience plays it`s roll. I know that success will take time...I just need to learn how to be more patient.

It may seem that there isn`t much going on in this sleepy town but I promise that things are going to change here in Iwade. So no worries about me! I`ll be just fine. Just keep on praying for our investigators will ya guys? I gotta go now, but it was way good to hear back from you guys! Hope all of you guys are doing awesome! Tell me all thats going on in good old Provo for me otay? Otay. Love you guys! Peace.

Mucho Amor,
Elder Saito

Anyways this is back to this weeks.

How are you guys? What`s going on over in Provo Utah? You guys need to keep me updated with all the 411! It sounds like you guys are awesome so I is super happy to hear that. Thats horrible that they passed that bill about shooting stray cats! I mean, I don`t really care about Rupert but I`m sure it would be zannen if other cats got shot...

Well, I would have to say that this week was just...one of the most up and down weeks ever. I`ve honestly never felt so fearful and uncertain about things...and yet so hopeful and genki at the same time. I felt so down at the start of the week. I was so worried and just thought about myself the whole time and it was literally, tearing me apart. I was selfish, I really was, and I didn`t know what to do with myself. So I naturually felt inclined to turn to the Lord. I don`t think I`ve ever trusted in the Lord as much as I did this week. I probably prayed more within this week than I had during my whole mission. haha. I was seeking for guidance, enlightenment, anything that would help me. After my prayers, I didn`t feel that I received an answer for anything and I began to become frustrated. I was impatient with myself and began to doubt. BUT, the Lord never forgets us. I realized that fact this week. He`s promised us that if we seek, we shall receive. It doesn`t specifically state anywhere how many seconds, days, weeks, years it takes to receive that answer but the Lord has promised us that He will answer when the time is right. Later within the week, I realized that I`ve known my answer to my prayers the whole time. When I realized my answer, I felt the Spirit so strongly! That answer happens to be my purpose of being a missionary. My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ. Its not only to baptism people but to share this Gospel to my brothers and sisters. I`ve been able to share this Gospel with countless number of people in Japan. Even if they kekko or ignore me, I feel so happy that I was able to share this Gospel with them! Even if it was a little bit. Baptism is only the end result of hard work, overcoming trails and accepting Jesus Christ as our Savior. I think that God has a purpose for me in this mission. And thats to rebuild areas and make them stronger then they were before. I think thats why President Mcyntire had sent me to white wash an area in my first transfer and to Iwade. We`ve already doubled the amount of new investigators found in the last transfer! Iwade is going to take a while to rebuild but thats still missionary work!!! I know that if I work hard every day, full of faith, the Lord will work miracles.

Other than my mission-life crisis, this week was awesome! I had an awesome kokan with my favorite Brazilian, Dantes Choro! It was such a blast! I was surprised though, I had remembered a lot more Spanish then I thought I did. (He`s ped at Spanish, Portugues and English by the way...Japanese is coming) He told me that I`ll probably go to Omihachiman sometime in my mission to serve in Spanish...hopefully we can work there together! That would be so much fun. I love that guy so much!

We also had a dinner at one of our investigators house on the 4th. I guess thats that one holiday where you throw beans at a demon (I forgot the name) and say `Oni wa soto, fuku wa uchi!` It was super fun, the dad of the investigating family had a oni mask on and we spent a good 5 min throwing beans at him. Oh Japanese tradition, how awesome are you!

Okay, well I`m running out of time and I don`t want to pay for another hour on this computer so i have to go! There`s so much going on over here in Iwade it would have to take me a lot longer to tell you all the details. But know that I`m still alive and working hard! Hope you guys are doing awesome! I LOVE YOU GUYS! Thanks for everything you do for me!

"Don`t worry about a thing. Cause every little thing is gonna be alright."
-Bob Marely

MUCHO AMOR
Elder Saito

No comments:

Post a Comment