Sunday, June 3, 2012

5/27/2012

Hey family,
How`s it going? Its good to hear from all of you!
Things over here have been going well. I do have to admit, there has been a lot running through my head lately but I think that`s just natural for an old missionary like myself. I think I was able to learn a lot about myself as I`ve worked over here in Toyooka. Learned a lot about myself, my testimony and the importance of others and their salvation. Isn`t it wonderful how the Lord always provides learning experiences for his servants? There`s still a higher plane of a missionary that I need to step up to and I realize it more and more everyday...if that made any sense. It probably didn`t, I`m just going insane.
Well, its starting to look a lot like summer over here. You know you`ve been in an area for a while when you see -1C and then a big ole 30C on the thermometer four months later. We`ll see how blazing hot it can get over here! I`m excited. We had a lesson with one of our investigators yesterday in the blazing hot sun. We were about to melt out there in the hot hot heat! Oh yeah, this investigator is way awesome btw! Her name is Sister Kawagoe and she has a strong desire to be cleansed from her past mistakes and change as a person...but her parents are against her going to church or being baptized. AH!, hantai families are so frustrating...but its an obstacle that we need to overcome to help her come unto Christ. But you know as Elder Jeffery R Holland says best "salvation is not a cheap experience." It never was and never will be. We just need to help strengthen her faith so she can stand up for what she believes and what she wants!
Other than that, things have been going Toyooka speed. You know you`re in the country when your pass time activites while waiting for investigators is going out into the rice fields catching frogs and lizards. I love Toyooka`s nature, it makes me feel like a child just running around in the wilderness. Its also awesome when your companion is the best person on the planet! Gotta love this work.
Anyways, I need to go and catch a bus to Kobe now. Got another Zone Leader Council to attend to! Thanks for all that you guys do, I love ya!!!
MUCHO AMOR,
Elder Saito


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment