Sunday, November 20, 2011

11/20/2011



Dear family,

Hello family! Its good to hear from all of you guys again. Well, here I am, complaining about time once again. Can`t believe its already Thanksgiving week already...goodness. I swear, I have no idea what happens to my days, no months anymore. Well anyways, how`s everything doing?

I see Selena and Richard have become slothful and didn`t send me an email this week. Excellent, excellent. I hope they read this statement, remorse for their wrong doings, repent and send me an email for once! I`m not a terrible person, I`m just fulfilling my responsibility as a missionary by crying repentance to my brethren. But as for you faithful parents of mine, thank you!

Well, this week was interesting. Mainly because we were only in our area for...three days maybe? Elder Meyer and I were able to travel around the zone and give good training to each companionship about organizational skills and follow up techniques. I know what you`re thinking, learning organizational skills from Elder Saito?! But trust me on this one, I have a good idea of what I`m doing...or at least I think I do. But it seems to be helping the zone out quite a lot already, especially them younger missionaries. The travel expenses were filthy expensive but it was well worth the empty wallets and bank accounts because we were able to strengthen the younger generation of missionaries so they can fulfill their responsibility as missionaries. I mean, the Lord has entrusted us with His precious elect, of course we have to do our best so that each and everyone of them is nourished by the good word of God and accounted for.

Oh, I was also sick this week as well. Nothing big, just a small cold but I was exhausted from traveling on the trains so much. But its all okay because I was able to perform when it came to teaching and finding just fine so no problemo! The best memory of the exchanges was when we went up to Kitarokko to work with young Elder Jeppson and Wilcox. We didn`t really think ahead when we planned to kokan because we knew it was going to rain but...nevertheless we didn`t bring any rain gear whatsoever. And in Japan, when it rains...it RAINS. Elder Jeppson and I had planned to go all the way to Sanda to go streeting because Kitarokko is a pretty inaka (country) area. Its a good 45 min bike ride over to the next city...and yes, we rode through the rain. You should of seen it, I swear the ocean was just falling on us! At first the rain was unbelievably cold and my suit and dinky jacket I found in the apartment didn`t do me much. I was soaked head to toe. But it was good, because we were able to talk to a lot of good people in the rain. They probably thought I was crazy...but who doesn`t? I don`t know, actually really enjoyed it though. I love the rain, I love the country side and I love long bike rides because there`s no one to talk to. It reminded me of all the good times I had as a younger missionary fro some reason. Anywho, the rain eventually got warmer throughout the day and then ceased right about the time we ended the companion exchange. BUT IT WAS AWESOME!

Well, I gotta go now. I need to go bake some brownies for my investigator`s birthday now. Gotta show my sheep that I love them! Yeah but good news, the Kobe sisters have a baptism going through this coming week and the investigator asked me to baptize her! I`m telling you, she is awesome! True definition of a "golden investigator." I`m honored to be able to help her take that first step to come closer to Christ. Please pray for her this week okay?!

Sweet, I love ya guys!
Elder Saito

No comments:

Post a Comment