Sunday, July 10, 2011

7/10/2011

Yeah yeah yeah,
Represent! You know I`ll be repping the big 2-0 in a few days. Aren`t you just so proud that your favorite sibling on the planet is becomin a legal man in Japan? Because you should be...fool. Oh and your birthday is coming up soon too...old. I`ll try to send something out for your birthday...but I doubt I will. But I will do my best! Know that I still love you though...bahah
OKAY I LUVE YOU!!!
HEY FAMILY!!!
Uh yeah...I`ve been starting to get really lazy with emails lately so I`ve decided just to send all of you guys just one bulk email with maybe a little bit of personal information for each and every one of you (if I`m not too lazy)!
This past week has just been amazing! I cannot believe how busy it gets trying to balance being a missionary/zoneleader/trainer/human all at once. I`m just grateful that my zone is small so I won`t explode trying to take care of everything. Well, let me just tell you about my new missionary. He is a STUD! I love this kid. His name is Elder Lythgoe from Heber, Utah and he has so much faith and dendo fire. Thats what you get when you got missionaries fresh out of the MTC. Its so great because he`s a way good sport and is working hard everyday to learn the laungage and spread the Gospel. A much better missionary then I was seven transfers ago! But man, I feel so darn old. I`m officially the oldest (transfer wise) missionary in the zone...and I`m only on transfer 8. I mean my birthday and my year mark is creeping up right around the corner. I can`t believe it, I can`t believe it, I can`t believe it. And its funny because I know NOTHING about the outside world anymore. Elder Lythgoe is keeping me updated with everything thats happened in the past year. But I don`t know...I`ve been in Japan for such a long time that it doesn`t sound all that appealing to me right now. Maybe later, maybe later. But now its time to ganbaru! Its also really weird to see a lot of your friends in the mission leave...and then looking at the mission board and not knowing who half of the missionaries are anymore. I guess that is just what happens when you become old like me. Most of the missionaries I looked up to went home these past few transfers and it just made me realize that its time for my generation to step up you know? Step up and be a "true disciple" of the Lord. (new mission theme introduced by President Zinke bahaha)
But as you all know by now...I`m goin to be in Takamatsu for about three more months. Just like what Dad said, I`m spending 1/3 of my mission on "the rock." Well, these past few days I`ve been really thinking deeply on why the Lord decided to leave me in Takamatsu and what he wants me to do. I don`t know, I mean we were able to see a bunch of success and help the branch out...so I have to ask, what else is left for me to do? I was thinking about it a lot ever since the transfer calls. But during sacrament meeting I was sitting next to one of my investigators and it just kinda came to me. I don`t know why the Lord kept me in Takamatsu, it could be for a lot of reasons like theres still a lesson I need to learn, helping Elder Lythgoe become a dendo machine or getting the man sitting next to me baptized. There are a lot of possible reasons but I do know that there is indeed a reason for everything. The Lord has chosen us to work in a certain part of His vineyard because each missionary has the potential to reach out and find those who are elect and are waiting for the truth. I have a feeling this transfer is going to be more like me finding the reason why I stayed in Takamatsu. And until I find that reason out, I`m going to do my best and dendo like crazy with Elder Lythgoe! I`m so stoked for this transfer! We`re gonna see so many miracles!
Well, I gotta go now. We need to get my son an electric dictionary for him! OKAY I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment