Sunday, May 6, 2012

5/6/2012

Dear Beloved Family,

I can`t believe that everything is coming to an end...this is going to be my last call on my mission. Also, this Wednesday is going to be my last zone conference so I will be giving my dying testimony. I`m honestly scared beyond reasoning because I never thought in a million years this day would actually come. I don`t know how to explain it...I have so many mixed feelings running through me right now, but I`ll try my best to express them over the phone next Monday.

Anyways, can`t be moping around about not having enough time. I can still see many miracles with the time that I`ve been blessed to work with! Great men seek for opportunities, not time. I`m telling you, you don`t need time to see miracles. All you need is faith and works and the Lord will provide the rest. For example, we had an amazing miracle this past week. Our recent convert who went to jail recently was released this past week! The best part about it is he kept his faith strong while he was in prison and he read the Book of Mormon and the Bible everyday. As a result, his cell mate noticed his faith and showed a lot of interest in the church and the gospel. And last Sunday, he came to church with our recent convert, loved the experience and now is currently working towards baptism! I swear, you work your tail off in Toyooka and right when you think nothing comes out of your efforts, the Lord provides. It was an extremely faith building experience I tell you!

Well, I don`t know what`ll happen with these next two months but lets expect miracles! Just like Nephi and building a boat. If God had command me to do all things I could do them! We just need to have enough faith to trust that the Lord knows what he is doing. Please, if you can, continue praying for our investigators as well as the members within the Fukuchiyama zone. This is a time of trial and I think if we can get out of this, we`ll be able to see miracles unfold in front of us!

God lives. I know He does. I can just feel it as I gaze through miles and miles of rice patties or look at the formations of the mountains here in Toyooka. I can recognize all of the times I`ve seen His hand in the work throughout my mission. I can feel His love and influences through all of the bonds and friendships that I`ve created on my mission. Now its my duty to savor these things and go and preach these truths to all my brothers and sisters in Toyooka.

Well, I gotta go now. Can`t keep my companion waiting for much longer. Know that I love you guys! I`m excited to talk to you guys this next Monday.
Oh by the way, I`ll probably be spending some money buying protein this week. I`ve lost 4kilos here in Toyooka and I need to gain them back! Thank you!!!

Loves,
Elder Saito



 

No comments:

Post a Comment