Monday, October 18, 2010

gold mine of pictures 10/18/10

























Oh Herro!

How are you my famiry? I`m happy to hear from you guys! It sounds like everything is going awesome over there in Utah. I finally got the package you sent to me during zone conference this Wednesday. Thank you so much! It was good to get letters and shtuff from all you guys. I can`t believe how slow the mail system is though. I`m getting letters from my kohai that they sent in the MTC two weeks ago. I think they`re already in Japan already though...but I`ll get around to writing them back sometime...sometime...someday. Well, good news is that I`m still alive. Surprisingly, I haven`t been hit by a car nor have I crashed on my bike yet...so it must mean I`m invincible. No worries about me! Oh and for Dad, if my lungs do somehow collapse I`ll be sure to take advantage of the ambulances here. I heard people call the ambulance if they get a papercut over here cause its so cheap.

Well, tell Akemichan thanks for the advice! Mostly all of my contacts have been from natural conversations that transition to religious conversations. Its also really funny when we do awkward contacts on purpose...Well anyways, its usually really easy to start talking about religion with people because they`re always wondering what in the world we`re doing in suits on a hot sunny day. Oh and tell Connie that she`s amazing.

For Selena and Ilikea...urge them to eat the chestnuts. I heard if you eat enough poisionous chestnuts they`re actually not poisionous and you grow a foot taller.

OMG! LOL! I can`t believe how fast time is flying by! I`m on my last week of my first transfer already. This past week has been pretty sweet though. We were only able to find a few new investigators contacting but we`ve had huge blessings this week. We were doing some bike dendo towards Hatori park when we came upon this awesome 19 year old college student named Furukawa. He seems really interested about the Gospel and trying to figure out what true happiness is. We found him on Saturday and gave him a BOM/invited him to church the next day. We couldn`t get contact information from him because he was too scared to give us his phonenumber...which is understandable when two random guys start talking to you on the street...but he said he would come to church. The next day we were waiting in front of the church for him and I was almost sure he wouldn`t come because we didn`t have contact info...but surprise! He showed up! AND he went through a lesson and all of church. He`s really an amazing guy. So young and so interested. We have a return appointment with him later this week so I hope everything goes well!

Rest of this week has been amazing too. We had zone conference this Wen and guess who I saw? Elder Burns and Elder Chappell [my old companion from the MTC] I was so happy to see them there! Turns out Elder Chappell finally flew in to Japan about two weeks ago. He`s the one who was quarantined and had to stay longer in the MTC. Funny thing is that he had to stay 3 weeks longer because he had an allergic reaction from the medication he took for his throat and got chicken pox. Ha! But I`m so glad he finally made it to Japan. Him and Elder Burns are doing great! Oh and I also saw Elder Richardson too! I tooketh pictures.

Well I`m running out of email time so quick overview of rest of the week. We met with Okamoto and he seems to be progressing pretty well. This last Saturday we had two lessons set at the same time so a member and I taught Okamoto. We talked about the role of Jesus Christ and Commandments and Okamaoto seemed to understand Christ`s purpose pretty well. I`m so happy that he`s progressing! He`s even reading and praying! but unfortunately I don`t know if he`s ready for baptism though...the zone leaders are still pushing for the 24th but I don`t think he`s spiritually ready for it. I don`t wanna force him to get baptized too early so I`m not too sure what to do...but we`re going to try and meet with him as much as we can for the next week though. Wish him luck! But I have faith that he can progress and prepare for the baptism.
Unfortunately we may have to drop Kawai san because he`s not keeping his commitments. He`s so busy that he doesn`t have time to read/pray or come to church. Its really sad because he`s interested but not willing to sacrifice 5 min to read. But its okay because he`ll be prepared when the next missionaries contact him when he has time. Next is Ishikawa. He`s a stud! We watched Testaments with the ward and him and he responded positively. We talked more about faith and he loved it! We`ll see how it goes!

Well I gotta go, I don`t have much time left! I hope everything is going supergood! Tell everyone I love them! Except Rupert. I`ll always hate him. Hopefully Dad rolls over him when he`s sleeping.

Love you guys!
Elder Saito

No comments:

Post a Comment